Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Engineer is back

I'm an engineer...again! May b some of ppl may find that I have been dissapeared from msn and some forums that I usually browse for a couple of days...yeah!! I'm officially can claimed as engineer now!! (although I have to go thru 6 months probation period, sien!). I started working in a japanese company in Kulim on monday, very far from my sweet home. But, since it's not as far as KL, I decided to stay at home and travel for 40 minutes to work. (not including so so unfortunately meeting with big lorry and gigantic transportation...)

It has been 3 days from my first day, I decided to share here what I've been thru, jz like during my training. In this early stage, I still can breathe and have time to write blog, I must really appreciate it!! You know la, japanese company, no OT means no working life!? ridiculous!! but I have to accept it...

1st day

on very 1st day, I reporting to HR at 8.15am, 5 minutes late from the time I supposed to be there! I'm late ... but guess wat? HR even nearly forget I should show up today. sien! But they have alredy prepared la. Whole day I was sitting there with operators (all malay and indian gals) listen to talk about safety, ergonomics, security and bla blah blah...finally, I have been "sent" to my little boss, who is the engineer I am reporting to during this 6 months. He is a super hardworking engineer and passion for his job. I hope I can be like him, but the other side of me told me not to!! In the very last minute of the day, he still took me to production line and briefly told me what product type they have.

2nd day

In early morning, my little boss straightly brought me to production line and explain more about each machine. Then, he introduced me, again, to many ppl that I can't even match their name to their face...I have raw idea what I'm responsible for as a process engineer. Basically, process engineer is dealing with yield problem and have to do analysis if there are defects on product. After lunch, he assign me to do yield report for each product type in june. At first, I was like...ok ok...then, after doing that for an hour, I was...damn it!! The data was ...huge huge numbers of data!! My eyes almost pop out!! But, that's what I'm going to do every week!! In the end day, I only successfully finish report for one product...

3rd day

Luckily, my little boss don't ask me to continue doing report. And, another luckily, he is going to another branch for meeting today and will take leave after that. It means he won't be around for whole day!! I'm so relief!! He jz throw a word to me: Go to read all those details about manufacturing spec and many many things. In the morning, I spent all my time in production line to find out all machines. After lunch, I continue to reading the specification. I afraid he will test me tomoro...but bo bien...after reading and chatting and nearly sleeping, I don't understand at all...I need some proper training actually. Now still considered as "honey moon", so I must enjoy it. Later I will have the real "taste" being a real engineer...as many engineers told me here.

That's all so far...I will keep updating here...if I have time. I must tell that uni time really nice to remembered...I miss the time that I can sleep late and skip class and have supper and...many many things that I can do when I was student. Now no more!! so tired...even not doing anything required physically task...Bless me!!

1 comment:

mandy118 said...

God bless u...haha...engineer!!!!!